Instead of depressing myself with a list of ridiculous unobtainable goals that will be forgotten by Jan 19th, I'm patting myself on the back with my "no sweat" list.
1. Will not secretly harbor a crush on the oldest Jonas brother.
2. Ignore comments from my Mother about how she heard my blog was "offensive."
3. Take less pictures of Fatness and more of humans.
4. Coax Tim into starting "Bring Your Cat to Work Day" at the precinct.
5. Try not to use my high pitched cat-voice when talking to Tim.
6. Will not use guilt-laced sentences to lure Erica into coming over more.
7. Will not freak out when Griffin leaves for Germany in 2 weeks.
8. Will not scan the Internet during work hours for new pictures of Hugh Jackman and Clive Owen.
9. Less PerezHilton and more Politico.
10. Will sink to my knees in relief, on January 20th, when Obama is sworn in.
11. Continue with the belief that trans-fats have nutritional value.
12. Will dial back the 5 a day diet Coke habit.
I do feel my list is complete and obtainable. I don't need anymore guilt about exercising more, being more compassionate, ignoring the doorbell when the missionaries are knocking, cooking more, watching less TV, cursing like a sailor in bad traffic, eating more whole grains, thinking my co workers need brain implants, no I don't need any more guilt, that's what being raised in a legalistic religion supplied.
Happy New Year.